“Build it and they will come.” This could be your branding mantra. Customers are looking for brands they can identify with. Customers stick with brands that share their beliefs and aspirations.
Give your brand a personality. Make sure that it has the right mixture of characteristics that appeal to your target customers. Jennifer Aaker, professor at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, summarized brand personality into five dimensions: sincerity, excitement, competence, sophistication and ruggedness. This is known as the “Dimensions of Brand Personality”.
The value of a business is directly proportional to the value of the brand. If you want to grow your business, you need to build your brand. Building a brand is not just about having a nice catchy name, or using a clever sign, symbol or design to identify your products or services and to differentiate them from others. Building a brand means having a set of positive values or associations that resonate with your target customers. It is also about communicating these attributes to them.
Why build your brand? Because research shows that 60% of your potential customers prefer to buy new products from familiar brands rather than switch to a new one. Build your brand’s presence, relevance, performance and advantage, until you have built a bond with your customers.
Millard Brown’s brand pyramid shows how brand strength affects customers’ expenditure for that brand. The brand’s strength is inversely proportional to the “share of wallet,” or share of category expenditure. Brands at the initial phase of development (also known as “presence,”) eat up only 12% of spending for that category. On the other hand, those at the peak of the pyramid, or brands that have bonded with consumers, account for 40% of wallet share.
Optimize your Brand
Why should you optimize your brand? Because strong brands become more valuable over time, a study of 6 years of stock market data has discovered. Strong brands have more power to retain customers and acquire new ones, and have more amplification power—leading to the brand bandwagon effect.
So “Build your brand and customers will come. OPTIMIZE it and MORE will come!”
Invest in your Brand Today
No wonder marketers (yes, including your toughest competitors) are now focusing AND spending on brand building and optimization. Research shows that 63% of marketers plan to increase brand advertising budgets. 1 in 5 of these businesses plans an increase of at least 20%!
Here’s what that means: your leading competitors are spending a great deal on their branding while you’re ignoring it! Don’t do this to your business!
Build your Brand Online with Digital Marketing
Why digital marketing?
- 70% of consumers now use digital tools to search for products and vendors, research products and buy products
- digital content is the key to your brand awareness, customer acquisition, retention, repeat purchases and website traffic
- it increases your traffic, enquiries, engagement, shares, referrals and sales
- traffic/enquiries come from 5 media channels of which organic search is only one– the others are social media, direct, web referrals and paid advertisements – so you need to be linked to all other channels to maximise your traffic/enquiries
- a website is only one part of digital marketing and most websites are invisible in organic search because they are not linked to media channels like YouTube, Facebook, Google +, blogs, PPC and Reddit
- if you set up a website without linking it to all the digital media channels, you’ve effectively got a brochure online which in most cases is never seen by anyone – this is NOT digital marketing
- content must be linked to your digital channels and these must be optimised so you are seen in each channel so people viewing each channel can make enquiries
- You Tube is a huge search engine itself and second only to Google but it must be optimised
- social sharing and proof is a very important part of digital marketing now
- Facebook is a huge database and it knows who buys what so FB Ads are very targeted and effective
- Pay Per Click can be very effective too but it has to be done correctly
- digital marketing is good for B to B as well as B to C customer segments
- if you don’t use digital marketing, you are restricting your business to 30% of the market.
The key to digital marketing is to leverage content through ALL the media channels to create a circle of traffic that is directed to your website lead funnel so you can have an online conversation with your prospects (via auto-responder) until they purchase your product(s).
Build and Optimize your Brand with Digital Marketing Today. We Can Help You. How?
You must implement ALL of the following digital marketing tools, not just one or two, to achieve real results.
We will build your website and design or redesign your logo if needed. Our mobile-responsive web design service will ensure that your growing number of mobile customers can reach you.
- 67% of consumers are more likely to buy if the site is mobile friendly
- 62% of companies reported an increase in sales after designing a site for mobile users.
Social Media Optimization
We will perform Social Media Optimization to give your brand increased reach and engagement with prospects and customers. The more engaged your friends, fans, followers, and connections are, the higher the amplification factor to extend your reach and engagement further.
- 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision
Create a buzz around your brand in your locality and niche with our local marketing services, which include publishing your promos. Promos get you the attention from leads and loyalty from existing customers!
- 78% of local searches using mobile devices ended in a purchase
- 59% for PC and laptop searches using PCs and laptops ended in a purchase
- 77% for tablet searchers using tablets ended in a purchase
Facebook Advertising and Remarketing
In February, more than a third of all online-display ads in the U.S. appeared on Facebook, according to comScore Inc. With Facebook, advertisers match their ads to user interests and select targeting features, such as the location, age and interests of users they want to reach. Advertisers can track the performance of an ad campaign, such as how many users click on the ads or become fans of the brand on Facebook. And its Ad rates are relatively low. Facebook also has a Remarketing function.
Pay per Click Advertising and Remarketing
Target customers searching for products and services you offer on the major search engines, and drive them to your website instantly with our pay per click advertising service. Your brand’s visibility will increase while you only pay for clicks. Online advertising, with record-breaking revenues of $42.8 billion in 2013, is now bigger than broadcast TV advertising, with $40.1 billion revenues. More people are searching online nowadays. Bring it up a notch with PPC Remarketing. Ads will be displayed across the Google network of websites to your visitors who have not yet converted but have visited your website. Your banner ads will be all over the web, constantly reminding your visitors about your brand; enforcing brand awareness, recognition and recall, and again, while you only pay for clicks.
- Google’s Display Network reaches 90% of global Internet users
Online Reputation Management
We will manage your Online Reputation, address negative reviews, and make positive ones work for you. We will publish your positive reviews at the right places and bring down negative reviews on search results.
- 79% of consumers trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations
We combine the power of video and written content in our Brand Booster service. This is great for promoting and strengthening your brand online.
- 90% of global online consumers want brands to share content online
- 96% of consumers surveyed found videos helpful for making online purchase decisions
- 80% of business decision makers prefer to get company information in a series of articles
- 78% of consumers believe that companies that provide content are interested in building good relationships
These are just some of the services that build and optimize your brand. You can learn more about the rest of our services by contacting us for a FREE consultation.
Track Your Brand Expansion
We want your brand and content to be seen across ALL 5 digital marketing media channels including organic (search), social media (Facebook, You Tube, Google +, etc), direct (blog, landing pages), web referrals and paid advertisements. You need to optimize your digital marketing by linking all the content in these media channels to your website to drive more customers to your site and lead funnel. It is this optimization and linking that expands your brand and maximizes the number of customers reaching your site and buying because it attracts enquiries from ALL channels, not just search. You may use some of them like YouTube but they are probably not optimized and provide little value to your brand. Creating incoming links will expand your brand and enquiries.
We have our own software called Monster Metrics, based on analytics, that measures in real time the contribution of each of the 5 channels to your total website traffic. It also shows any problems with your website that may diminish its effectiveness. This is FREE for clients but non-clients can purchase it for just $180 + GST for 12 months – just 50 cents per day.
Every quarter, we give our clients a Total Brand Expansion Factor which is a score or measure we calculate from the metrics to show them progress on expanding their brand. No other agency does this.
So …are loyal customers coming your way online? Build you brand online and customers will come. Optimize it and more will come. We’ll show you how e can help to build and optimize your brand online. Don’t let your brand stay invisible.
Email us firstname.lastname@example.org or call us now at (09) 449 1005 or (027) 489 5009 to arrange a free consultation on brand optimization and how to build your brand, enquiries and sales.
If you value the information we send in our blogs, please LIKE our Facebook page at – https://www.facebook.com/pattersondigitalmarketing.