July 29, 2015Carianne King
Some have called 2015 the year of video marketing. As experts have predicted, video is assuming a vital role in social, as a seamless part of email blasts, and as the main mode of young apps like Snapchat and Vine as well as livestreaming apps like Periscope. Plus, the big social sites like Twitter and Facebook are making it easier than ever to embed videos.
Videos are fun, of course, plus they share with customers the human side of brands. Through video we can hear the voices behind the brands speak, as well as witness the processes that go into the making of a product. (These great videos from Goose Island Beer Co. come to mind).
But is anyone actually watching? Thankfully the folks at HighQ have put together some data to show us how video is doing in 2015, the very year of its rumored ascendency.
Online video is a huge phenomenon. Video is an untapped channel of content marketing that is perfect for reaching clients. Here’s why firms should focus their effort on video marketing in 2015. As the data shows, people are indeed watching. And they’re hungry for more video.
Some illuminating stats:
- Online video now counts for about 50% of mobile traffic
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video
- 78% of people watch videos online every week
- 55% of people watch videos online every day
- Experts say that video takes up 57% of consumer Internet traffic now
- By 2018, experts predict video will account for 79% of consumer Internet traffic
- 80% of senior executives watch more online videos than they did one year ago
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly
- 81% of people feature their video on their brand website
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales and communication
- 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next year
- 52% of marketers believe video is effective for increasing brand awareness
- 85% of marketers have found video marketing successful or very successful
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates and increases the click-through rate by 65%.
Whether your videos are posted on your website or Facebook, you need to promote them, using Facebook promoted posts, to maximise viewers. You also need to optimise them with keywords and backlinks so that viewers take action on your website to purchase your products and services. We can help you do this if you wish.
CALL US on (09) 449 1005 or (027) 489 5009 or email email@example.com for a FREE consultation to get your Video Marketing started NOW.